Here are a few pictures of what I have been up to....had a nice trip to our 'Lakeside' last month...
did two pit firings in the firepit. (a cement block 'pit')...
The first firing was too short, and there was a lot of reduction so not much colour on the pots, and not enough heat. The second firing was much longer. I stoked it for about five hours and there were hot coals still the next morning.....but fun to do and will try it again at some point.
We had good weather for the drive and snow, sun, sleet, rain and warm sunshine at the lake plus some spring weather to rake up last years' leaves. Back home in Alberta it is still another story as we still have two feet of snow in the backyard!! Will it ever end?...
I will post some pics of the finished pots soon.
Okay, must go make some work!..and continue with the Spring studio clean up.....Have a great week..Thanks for stopping by and please say 'hello'...cheers, T.
Hi Trish! I can not believe that snow! We are having some great weather.
ReplyDeletethe other day I was wearing the pin you sent to me and Mark commented about how nice it is. I have it one a sweater that I wear all the time.
It is so perfect.
thanks again.
I hope you get some spring soon.
Been wearing my pin too!
ReplyDeleteYou actually live in heaven, do you know that!? So beautiful..... Sigh....
Meredith and Tracey...thanks for stopping by..and you are both so welcome again for the pins.. I am thrilled that you wear them! :).. T.
ReplyDeleteOh the lake looks so serene and it must be a quiet retreat with all the insulating snow. Your pit fire pots look beautiful, one of these days I hope to do more of my barrel firings.
ReplyDelete