Just a quick note to say 'hello' after a long absence...again.
It has been an interesting Spring/Summer.... spent quite a long time at Lakeside, helped my siblings clean out/pack up my Mom's house which sold well and quickly, moved Mom to a larger room in her lodge (amazing what another 96 square feet can provide), other visits to/with my children, family and friends which brought me into the end of July...and now to the end of August.
Time has flown, and lots happening....lots of gallivanting about, but I have decided since I do not like winter, that now is the time to gad about, and I am not apologizing for what has not happened in my studio...:-)....and now, of course, starting to gear up for the Fall work.
Hope you all have had a great summer doing what you wanted to be doing, enjoying the season.
I did do some work at Lakeside... the rhubarb leaves were enormous this year, but only managed to make a few large pieces...had much trouble with cracking, so left a few behind and lost two in the transport home ...The long narrow pieces are from a plant similar to rhubarb that grows in the bush beside our house..do not know what it is, but is great for slab work too.... They are finally dry and ready for the bisque fire.
This Sunday afternoon: some gardening, some reading..(Ceramics Monthly and Cleopatra..such a combo!).. mug by my daughter, bowl by Linda Doherty..
When we arrived home in July, the deck planter was full of sunflowers and other plants from last winters' bird seed... I pulled a few, but left the sunflowers and am happy I did as they are just beautiful, and the chickadees and yellow finches are so appreciative!..:-)
What a treat to have the birds plant some sunflowers for you and them.
ReplyDeleteI usually plant a few but never got them in this year. I think it would have been hard on them. We had much rain and little sun last month.
oh I bet your rhubarb leaves will be super, leaves are fun to use, I was drooling over some banana and taro leaves I saw in a garden recently, a certain amount of galivanting must be done, I think,
ReplyDelete