Sunday, February 3, 2013

All I can say is:

LET THE KILN GODDESS BE PRAISED!

HA HA!!...
Yay, yay!
and not once, but twice!!  The green pot fits as well.....(that is a crooked photo of it..it really isn't that tilted...lol)..anyways... the brown one does sit up a bit from the rim of the silver holder and the green one is snug at the rim, but, heh!!! after all the anx about neither of them fitting (read the previous post ), I am happy.. so I hope my customer is too..she can choose.  Oddly enough the separate lid to the other smaller pot did  not shrink enough and it is still too big, and these pots shrunk quite a bit diameter wise.  ?? any ideas on that ??...
Here are a couple of other pieces in that firing.. happy with the stained vases, except the hollyhock leaf one, it is quite dark, almost black, but that was my fault as I didn't understand the outcome of that stain.. I do love the 'pebbled' one, though..very cool.
okay..that is it for this afternoon.. I have some bread rising, and now a cup of coffee .. sun shining here in central Alberta today... +6C earlier today!  yay, again.. must fill the bird feeder, the little Red Polls are hungry!.. have a wonderful evening, all.   ..will post a few more pics of the other pieces in this firing soon.
Thanks for checking in.. Cheers, T.

3 comments:

  1. What an accomplishment to get that pot to fit, it looks wonderful. I finally just had some success with a copper wash when I was ready to give up, it all takes so much trial and time doesn't it. The pebbles look great; I like the dark interior of the vase too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great firing! Stay warm - Alberta sure is cold this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such pretty work with the leaves :) +6C, oh my! same here, about...won't mind when it is a lot warmer though :)

    ReplyDelete