Hope you are all having a great creative day.
At school: Friday afternoon the kids tidied up their dry (I HOPE) pieces and the kiln was loaded for the bisque. Left the kiln lid open and plugs out for about 8 hours and Mr. 'P', the teacher tended the bisque on Saturday...so, just have to trust the kiln gods that all survived. It was fun to see the kids doing the slab work because I could see the progression from the first pinch pot to the coils and then the slab and their realization that: Wow!! I can make this or that shape and add 'stuff' to the pot..and it will stick together etc. ;)..fun. I took lots of clay magazines into the class and have been encouraging them to look through, comment and think about what they see. Exposure to the craft...a good thing. :)
The next step: glazing...As I said before, we have some Amaco ready made glazes and I have been adding water to get them liquid again...may have to purchase a few new ones. Here is a photo of a few of the pieces (the slab work was already in the drying cupboard)..
And, some of my work from the last couple of evenings here at the kitchen table.. Next week back downstairs as it is warming up a bit plus so much brighter out now..feels inviting again.
.
And the 'handy guy' in my house made me this 45 degree angle tool..(what else is it called?)..the angled wire on the right side, the great straight edges plus the angled edge on the left side...lots of uses...thank you D. So will give it a try this coming week. :)
AND then this Flicker who was finding the snow covered peanuts which I left for him :)...great colours against the white snow....
Okay..have a great evening everyone. . We have been invited out for dinner for the second time this weekend.. :) yay! thankyou mes amis!...
Love the tripod pots and the fliker.
ReplyDeleteYour kid's work looks great - bet you are nervous & excited about unloading the kiln! And you work looks great! Don't you love those instructional videos!
ReplyDeleteThe bird in the snow is fabulous.
vitamin D essential in our area ! looks like the sunshine is helping your production, perhaps you are solar powered like me ?
ReplyDeletenice pics
Hi Trish. Good looking things the kids are doing in school. You are teaching them well.
ReplyDeleteLike your little tripod things too. Love Auntie K.