Good day all...I am back again from my Mom's.. spent a week with her..she is slowly 'on the mend', but needs daily help still. I am thankful for the morning help we have set in place for her to keep her in her home as long as possible.
So, thought I would post a few pictures of the Festival of Lights, Dessert Night and the Marketplace. In a previous post, I mentioned our local annual fundraiser for the hospital...(60,000dollars last year but haven't heard yet what this years' total is). This is a week long affair with a seniors' tea, the marketplace, dessert night, kids day and a grand Gala night dine and dance and live auction. For the dessert night my good friends Helen and Betty create three desserts for the 160 ticket evening and myself and two other kitchen elves (well, I am hardly an elf! :)) help plate the dishes and a group of wait staff serve (one of them, MY Christmas elf --my husband ..haha). There were over 300 volunteers this year to make this huge effort a success and in community of 5200+- that is wonderful.
Fyi: the Chocolate Explosion was the favourite at 65 requested, the Apple Delight also 'sold out' and only 15 Lime Dreams left. The lime is my favourite. Helen and Betty do a superb job in their creations and many hours are spent finding the perfect mix of ingredients and, of course, their friends are happy to be the taste testers! ;)..
Jack Sures, an accomplished Canadian artist has perfected this technique. (I saw him demonstrate at the Alberta Potters Association annual meeting--see an old post). My first attempt, and I have another to glaze--like it and will try more.
Okay..will close for now: A bit of collection of info today..variety is good :)..All things that keep the Season: festivities, food, friends and gratitude for it all.
I came home with a crappppyyy head cold, so drinking tea and snuggled in today...Quite chilly here today -20Celsius, so 'in house' is a good place to be. Peace.
Oh Trich, the last bowl came out wonderful, I love it. those desserts look scrumptious, I guess I'll have to settle for a bowl of frozen yogurt here now that your post made me crave something sweet.
ReplyDeleteI just made a bunch of magnets and pendants with all my bits of clay and never thought of pins, your earth pins look wonderful, great idea. Hope you get better quickly, and stay warm too, I guess I can't complain about the temps here with the ones you have.
Hi Linda..thanks for the comments. Frozen yogurt is good..lol..:)
ReplyDeleteYes, making magnets etc. with the little bits is fun..and the bowl: yes, I like it..it is quite thick as I wasn't sure how much to push from the inside, so next time I will test my control..and I like the matt glaze on the outside.
..stay cool..:)..T.
What great entries, Trish! Great pictures, great pottery!
ReplyDeletexoxo Shell