Monday, November 22, 2010

'THE' sale :)

Hi there...



Here are a few pics from my sale with 'Letty and Friends'...The weather was a bit of a deterrant, we think, but generally speaking it was successful and we all sold a fair bit.  Our 'leftovers' are going to the Marketplace at our Festival of Lights week that starts tomorrow - our local annual fundraiser for our hospital..more about that later.  So this afternoon I am going to help set up the marketplace area in the community hall.  Tracey, if you are reading this, I think the sheep quilt would look so good with your raku sheep!! :)
A a pic of another leaf plate..more  later..Marvellous Monday to you all!

5 comments:

  1. Your leaf plates are marvelous, have another great sale and happy holiday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish, your display looks so beautiful, and yes I spotted that sheep quilt first thing! Sheep seem to be on everyone's mind these days. glad you felt the sale was successful, weather can sure ruin it sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trish - I agree with the above comments. Your leaf imprints and the rest of the display looks great . You have some really creative shape ideas with the trays as well. Good to read that your sale wasn't affected too much by the weather. You never know what you are going to get ( weatherwise) at this time of year. Because of that, some home studio sales advertise a "alternate storm date". When I was a student @ ACAD in Calgary the winter drive up to Edmonton was always an adventure. Sometimes it was like passing through three different climatic zones !
    Have you ever met Phillis Starling or Vange Mc Naughton ? They were potting in your general area years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies! Yes,we are happy with the sale considering the weather.
    Colleen..In terms of my leaf and tray shapes: It is all 'just as the mood strikes':)..thanks.
    And yes, Vange and Phyllis..When we moved here in 1987, Vange was teaching at her studio so I took 'refresher' courses from her and she and Phyllis were having sales together - they did for years! When I 'opened' my studio there were five of us in the area. We called ourselves the Pottery Pals and met regularly for celebrations.
    All very good friends of mine. Vange died two years ago after complications of a stroke and Elaine died of cancer in 2001. The other two are not potting anymore. Phyllis still paints at 76. I saw her yesterday at the Festival of Lights. So,yes, know them well.
    Speaking of knowing people..do you know Barb Johnson from Edam?
    will post a reminder of this answer on your page. Cheers. T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a coincidence that those two were part of your 'pottery pals' group. Sorry to hear about Vange. Say "Hi" to Phyllis for me, next time you see her. I met the two of them at one of Alberta Culture's "Series" workshops. I think it was '78. At that time Vange was planning her studio that you wrote about. Phyllis and I kept in touch a bit after that but ...
    I can't say I've met Barb Johnson. Does she pot ? My memory for names really isn't that great - I must have hit my peak way back in '78 !

    ReplyDelete