Okay..bon nuit ..take care.T.
Monday, July 12, 2010
New pieces from the kiln
Hellooooo to you all..
Wish you could have come for coffee yesterday afternoon to enjoy these yummy cinnamon buns..... (the tile is from a Red Deer artist)......
This will be a fairly short post as I am still packing for holidays tomorrow, had a long day travelling to an appointment in Edmonton, drove home in a monsoon!!---big winds and rain today.. and I am pooooped! ;) BUT...enough energy to show some pics from the last glaze firing, of course :)...
Here are the butter dishes I have been working on. A customer will pick three of these...:) This one is lovely, I think..a doily impression..
And a close up of the deco on the rusty brown one. For you cone 6'ers, this is waterfall brown under a Tucker Pottery glaze, Tucker Cream which is on the two orangey/cream pieces above. I finger rubbed the T. cream off to get the waterfall in the grooves.. I like it!...:)The pattern is from a piece of scrap booking paper.
Here is one side of that cracked casserole that I used for glaze testing...some good tests to play with...Didn't I say a while ago that I have too many glazes..!!:)..(It's okay, as these are just combos...)
And then to continue the Alberta weather theme of the last few days...These lovely hail stones were from my Mom's on Friday! Luckily we had finished travelling and were just waiting out the storm at the grocery store..of which I practically drove in the door to get out from the storm parking right up against the building.. I have not been in a vehicle during a hail storm before this....yikes!!! Is this summer???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh your pieces turned out beautifully, if I lived closer I would have been there in a second. I am amazed at the texture you got from the scrapbook paper, that is really spectacular what you did with the two glazes. Love the lidded boxes too and the butter dish. The green on the test piece looks interesting, good idea for testing the glazes. Look at that hail, wow, scary to drive in that, glad you are safe.
ReplyDelete