Good Morning fellow bloggers! and a Happy New Year to all.
This will be brief, but I just had to say 'hello'....a lot of you have 'checked in' since the new year, so thought I'd better get at it..friends have been asking ;)
So, yes, I need some advice on portable slab rollers. I would like to purchase one this year..sooooon ;).. I have been surfing sites and will go into my local (well, two hours away) pottery supply store to see what they have. I do want a portable smaller one, as I do take clay to 'the lake' in the summer and fall, so would like to take it there as well. Any advice on brand, etc. will be much appreciated..Thank you!

This is one of the trivet/cheese trays that I make using various leaves from my garden. Ahhhh waiting spring and the liguaria plants to start growing again. Must get back into the studio too.--still cleaning up after the holidays, and January/February are 'slump' months for me which means I really have to push myself to not be in a funk and get 'on with it'.:)
Have a great day everyone..and now I am off to 'get on with it'..:)..Cheers. T.
A friend of mine loaned me her northstar portable roller pictured here
ReplyDeletehttp://www.northstarequipment.com/Porta.htm
I loved it and it is on my list of things to get this year. It was very easy to use and I could carry it easily into my class. I need one for my kid's classes and when I do resident workshops. I highly recommend it!
Thank you Tracey!
ReplyDeletemy buddy Martha has one and it is wonderful and not too heavy, and prob the same as the one above :)
ReplyDeletewow, what a cool slab roller! i've been wanting one, but don't know much about them. i may have to get me one of those. love the leaf dish trish, i sure wish we had foliage like that around here, we're basically in a high plains desert (i think that's what dh called it) and there's not much growing around here, just a bunch of scrub brush and tumbleweeds. best i can do is sprigs of evergreens to look like pine trees in the clay. at least till i can put some plants in anyway. :)
ReplyDeleteThat Northstar looks like a nice one.
ReplyDeleteI'm using a rolling pin in my RV and a friend made a much too heavy one for me to transport; would be nice to have that northstar here, but alas no room. Hope you post photos of the ligularia when it starts blooming, you reminded me I used to grow it when I lived by Mt. Lassen, those leaf trays are great.
ReplyDelete