Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happenings:
Hello all..thanks for checking in..
Yikes, July!!!
Well, what can I say..lots going on except clay, it seems..that's okay..Life is a Journey!
Plus other life journeys, house renovations are 'coming along'...s ll ooo www but sure.., attended a Trudy Golley pottery workshop in May (do go if she is in your neighbourhood!:)...and the last few months spending the odd weeks with my 89 year old Mom..(moving to a seniors lodge next week...time passes, and it IS time)...  So, my lonely studio awaits..
Here are a couple of pics from the last while..OH< and how to grow a tomatoe pics..how interesting is this:
The first picture was taken on July 8 and the second today, the 15th. The seeds inside are germinating and pushing through to the outside. The tomatoe is firm and not spoiling!..Anyone else seen this?  We are just leaving it alone to see what happens.

Had a short relaxing trip into B.C. in April to our 'Lakeside'..watched an eagle in one of our trees completely devour a fish, new calves frollicking in the ranchland and snow on the hillsides each morning..  Look at the colour of this fabulous moss growing on the rocks....and the texture of this weathered knot on some driftwood.  I zoomed in..it was about four inches tall..calls out for some handbuilding.  

At the moment I am cleaning this old frame that I found at a garage sale. Looking at the photo that was in it (a funeral parlor scene!?) and the make up of the frame - plaster, my local framer thinks it is from the early 1900's,English..1910-20.. I am a 'carving lover'..;), so I think it is beautiful!, but SO dirty with fly specks and general age... It is a painstaking job using tiny makeup brushes, angle cut cue-tips to get into the tiny grooves! Using a cleaning solution from the framing store, I clean about one square inch at a time, and then wipe it again with distilled water to neutralize the area...OY!(nice thing to do while enjoying the evening sun from the deck!)..yes, crazzy or what!..However, as you can see in the close up, it is working and will be terrific when it is done. I think it will be great on my newly painted 'Olive Branch' coloured wall..which is greener than the grey/green in the photo..



Okay...these photos are going allll over the place on this page!! one of these days I will figure this out..Anyways..the reno pics...the kitchen before and at the almost finished stage.., as in still waiting for the handles to arrive, the backsplash (okay, I haven't decided on that yet!..:), painting that wall, window trim, new light fixtures, etc.... phew, what a process.  Since my handyman works for other people doing handyman/renos during the day...(well, you know the story)... We did natural maple 'rustic' hardwood throughout our bi-level. This is not a large space, so without the peninsula the space is opened right up which it great.   There is ample countertop here and beside the fridge on the opposite wall, so time will tell..especially at Christmas cookie baking time..! :)..        


                                                                                         Well, what a long, non pottery post!..If you have made it this far, THANK YOU!!  I just remembered that I have a new mug from Bermuda that my sister brought back for me in February... I will take a picture of that which will encourage me to actually write another post sooner than the last one!..:)...Have a wonderful evening...Cheers for now. T.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Trish - glad to see a blog post from you! That tomato is ridiculous. I have never seen anything like it.

    Love that old frame you found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with my mother- home soon and i will answer your email- glad to see you blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy: Thanks for the reply.Yes, that tomatoe is interesting. The frame is coming along nicely :).

    Meredith: Hope all is well with your Mom..look forward to your reply..
    Good days, ladies.

    ReplyDelete