Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Let the GLAZING begin!!!! or....

TRISH!!! get busy!!
Yes, well.. I do have lots of glazing to do..and  you know I would rather 'just play in the mud'..haha..  So I thought, to inspire me...I would take some pics of my studio at the moment..a bit of a mess..bisqued pieces, drying pieces..pieces, pieces..So, do I tidy, or just clear a spot and get at it?? I think I just need to clear a spot and COMMENCE..:)
This quick post is a result of some conversations I had this morning where some people did not know that I am a potter...(not that Everyone needs to know that??), but it did make me aware that I do not advertise enough, or promote my craft enough..So I hope this helps a bit... Please leave your comments here, send me an email via the 'view profile' on this page, or better still come on by..:)..Here are a few pics of what is going on in my studio at the moment.
I made these letters the other day..and hope to put them on some barn board I have been storing for years.. (Yes, D., there was a reason! hha)... and then put the 'sign' outside for people to actually see...again, something I have not done before...

and then, this group to be glazed..the large slab pieces are the leaf imprints that I made last Fall, and  are for the Ellis Bluebird Farm gift room..
and this is only fraction of the pins and buttons 'on the go'..
The bisque is crowding out the finished...
Let's see... Oh..fyi: the fund raiser at the high school last week raised over 4000$ for Japan and the exchange student.  Congratulations kids!! okay... that's it, my coffee break is over..get to it Patricia!...:)..thanks for stopping in . Have a creative day!

4 comments:

  1. looks like you've got a few loads to glaze !
    Its always nice to see other potters work area... yours looks productive yet orderly.
    In my studio I hung a picture of another potter glazing who , I think, may have me beat in the number of glaze buckets and little test containers.That picture somehow explains my space to any visitor. Probably only in my own mind - it's like, "See, I'm not the only one !"
    Thats quite the number for the fund raiser. My son was a little disappointed that his cancer fund raiser only raised $1200.00

    ReplyDelete
  2. What what a haul for the fund raiser, good luck with all that glazing. how do you keep the glaze out of the holes for those nice buttons you made?
    hope you post a photo of that pottery sign when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on that fundraiser! And your studio is full but tidy -- you do have a bit of glazing to do :-)
    I would love to see your sign - so post a picture when you hang it.

    ReplyDelete