Coming and going out of the kiln, that is...These past few days and next few are just crazy in my studio...I am SO behind for my sale, but just trying to keep moving forward...(nobody's fault but my own..ya,ya :)...
Goblets, mugs, bowls, lots of slab work...but it will be hard to get all of that glaze fired before the 19th!...again, working at it..I get quite stressed about all this, but trying to stay focused.
I have decided I really like making goblets - two pieces joined. Also decided they don't need to be all the same, so carving and adding sprigs etc.
Good luck with the firings, hope you post some of your work. What a cool quilt your Aunt made. I was going to make some pinch goblets several weeks ago and forgot all about it, yours reminded me of that. Why are the bowls upside down, did you just wash them before a bisque? You know me I'm always curious about clay. Take it easy.
ReplyDeleteThose goblets look good. Making them all slightly different can be a selling point - no confusion over which goblet belongs to whom when they are set down !
ReplyDeleteSending good vibes your way for great firings.
What and where is your sale ?
What a great quilt!! I would love to have time to make something like that. I have a feeling that lots of us will be doing a major studio cleaning after the holidays:)
ReplyDeleteTrish - you are busy! Love those goblets and I agree having each one different makes it easier to find your glass -- important when consuming wine - lol Good luck with your home sale.
ReplyDeleteThanks Ladies!..for your well wishes and interest in my work.
ReplyDeleteLinda..yes, the pieces were just washed and later waxed, and it was a good way and place to store them..(I need shelving/storage space) and, I thought it was a cool 'work in progress' picture. ;)
..thanks again..have super days fellow potters.
Good looking blog when I looked today. Nice to see that the pottery quilt is up and showing. Thanks for that. Love your pieces with the leaves ingraved. Very nice. Love Kath
ReplyDelete