
(Just a reminder that there are two new posts, so please go to the one before(well, after..you know what I mean) this one as well..thank you! )
Welllll it is actually the day after Canada Day, but needed to complete the other post before these pictures of our evening yesterday....AND..the 'rest of the photo' which is only half there on the last post..I couldn't delete it to re-post...so here ...the pieces I took to the Donalda Gallery: and a few more glazed (and reglazed) pieces ready to fire...

Last evening we were invited to our good friends Helen and Peter's for a potluck celebrate Canada day meal.. Five couples and we were to bring a 'Canadian' dish...My husband suggested a white niblets corn dish with red peppers, sauteed with onions in maple syrup and a touch of Canadian whiskey for fun!...I gave him the job..:)..We also had a Canadian cold salad of barley, tomatoes ,arugula greens, green beans..sounds a little odd, but it was great, a potatoe salad and of course a beef tenderloin...superb!.. Helen is so creative in everything she does, down the the colour scheme..Here are a few pictures of the evenings decore..:)..


Jello/veggies 'shooters' (non alcohol) appetizers...and coleslaw and a chicken drumstick in folded Canadian map holders..:) sooo creative!

The drinks table outside in the shade! A wonderful evening with friends, fireside visiting and topped off with super fireworks from the towns' celebrations!..Thanks H and P!...

This dessert! wow...oreo cookie base with cream cheese, melted Toberlone chocolate bar...etc. etc.. ya know!! what a treat! :)
Now back to work.. I want to get the kiln fired before Monday...cheers all..Happy 4th to you south of the 49th!
Happy Canada Day to you; great looking meal especially love the touch of the maple leaf in the dessert.
ReplyDeleteIt all looks sooo yummy! Happy Canada Day :) BTW.. I love Canada!
ReplyDelete