Thursday, June 10, 2010

ART WALK and Celebrations

Hi all...A short post to say hello and catch up...

We have had a busy few days 'round here...The annual Art Walk was on Saturday ...fewer artists this year and unfortunately fewer people milling about, but fun still.  Our 'walk' is down and up main street - four long blocks...I wonder if it would work better for all if the 'walk' was in a park, off main street, but then businesses might not be thrilled with that... How do some of your art walks work - in parks, in businesses????

Here are a couple of pics of my display and wheel at the 'walk'. I am in front of a flower shop and the owner made this arrangement in one of my pieces.. lovely...(and sold :).  I ended up with ten bowls of various sizes from the demonstrations and got those trimmed up today... It has been raining here most of the week, so things quite humid and drying just right for trimmng after four days!..
Then on Tuesday we attended my daughter's convocation  from the University of Alberta, Faculty of Education..in Edmonton and also, with a family bbq and gathering of friends, my son's completion of his EMT training... Proud I am !....great month for cheers and 'ya---hoooos'..:)
 Here is a picture of a huge mural on the back on the Education building...
Tomorrow we head back to Canmore (in the mountains)for a weekend wedding .......next week I am rooting myself in my studio for some time.....I love to 'gad about', but we have been here and there and back again for a few weeks now, and even I am ready to stay put for a while!! :) and the clay is calling to me...:)
Next post I will show some pics of the Alberta Potters Association annual meeting weekend...
Have a super day all.
Bon Nuit!

3 comments:

  1. Trish the art walks we have around here are usually in the art galleries and then there are musicians and performers on the streets. Can't remember going to one with tables set outside retail places. They are usually packed and the galleries furnish wine and food. You could hardly walk around the one went went to last week in Raleigh. Congrats to your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful your children are graduated. Love that mural. Your set up looks great; I haven't found any art walks around here yet, several in California were done in different ways: one in a park in a small town, another in a park in a big town, another one artist each inside the businesses along main street, oh there was one here in a parking lot that was blocked off in downtown section. I think the best ones are well advertised and associated with other events or entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Trish! Glad you're blogging again...you do a great job of it!
    AND I'm glad I finally figured out how to get on here as one of your 'followers'...hee hee:)
    Shell

    ReplyDelete